My Photo
Name:
Location: new hampshire, United States

I was born in a log cabin and raised by an old mama lion and her cubs...no, wait, that was my sister Simba. I was borne on the wind, raised by the earth and reared by a probing finger. ouch. I was a catholic until college. I soon switched from cat-holic to alka-holic. I was pleased by the difference. The taste and lack of hair in my throat was a welcome and refreshing change. I grew up in Taxachusetts where I was an average student with a better than average chance of becoming nobody. I must say, I surpassed that milestone many times over. I've become a nobody and dropped in stature only to re-become a nobody several times. Thank you.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Birthdays

Well, next week is my "birthday". I use the term lightly. Birthdays are; for the first quarter of a century, usually festive occasions filled with balloons, party hats, presents, friends, laughs and fun. Somewhere after that, the occasions become less festive and more restive. The droll turns to dread and antiquity anxiety begins to settle in. We become less amused at our maturity. Our childhood cheer evolves into maturation misery. It's a problem that has plagued humankind since Methuselah turned 150 and began to notice his stamina begin to sag. Unfortunately, for the more contemporary, things begin to sag considerably sooner than the 150th birthday we all aspire to (yeah, right). So, I hereby give notice; I have dispensed with the traditional accounting method of annual "birthdays". I welcome one and all to adopt my method. I have not patented the method, so you are all on the honor system of acknowledgement. If you do adopt it, merely mention it as the FMouie FMethod and there will be no litigious inclinations. The method is simple, and it doesn't kick in until the 50th birthday. At that point, each successive birthday is added as a letter! See? So, if I were to become, say...51 in Olde Worlde accounting, I would be 50a in FMouie! 52 would be 50b; etc. No longer must we bare the misery of aging in such a blatant, depressing format. The entire industry of birthdays now has a major opportunity to cash in and the rest of us can now grow older with less stress and embarrassment! How much easier is it to grow another letter than another year?! Thank you. For the record; 50f was a period of rehab and growth. 50g promises to be a good letter!

2 Comments:

Blogger Fmouie said...

Well....(and I couldn't get to your blog on here for some reason)...My job included advancement and growth both financially and professionally, thus improving my marketability and opportunities. My 401K has given me a chance to leave something for my retirement, or my son should I retire before my retirement comes; thus rehabing my head and spirit. tadahhhh.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Fmouie said...

ps...tks for your comment Daley...love ya.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home